Just say a prayer

Chloe and Paisy have become best friends just like Boston and Miles quickly became. How fun that each child has a best pal right in their own family. Since Paisy has turned 2, she has become more on the same playing level as Chloe; they push dolls around in strollers together with purses stuffed with toys.
A few weekends ago, Adam was out at a church meeting. All the kids were in the basement playing and I was in my room 2 floors up. After a few short minutes the girls come upstairs into my room. Chloe looks distraught.
M:Chloe, what's wrong? C: I was being rotten. M: What happened? C: I was playing with the boys then I said, "I quit" and stomped my foot and left. M: Oh, okay. (I could see that she was troubled by this) What will help you feel better? C: Well, I wanted to say a prayer, but I was too frustrated. So I told Paisy to say it. But she didn't know what to say, so I had to help her. M: (10 seconds of giggling to myself) Oh sweetheart that was the right thing to do. You should pray when you feel grumpy. Do you feel better now? C: yeah, I feel better now.
I felt so happy and joyful and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. My beautiful 4 year old daughter understands something so clearly that her ole mom has a hard time with. If you're in a bad mood you should pray. Thank you Chloe for that reminder. And that cute image of those 2 folding their arms and Paisy not communicating what Chloe wanted her to say. Too cute for words.

No comments: