My 2 girls in ballet outfits.Yes, my dream!
Sweet older brothers that naturally feel responsible for little sisters.
Everyday of my life is just oozing with sweetness. Even the so-to-speak "bad" days, because everyday has my wonderful husband and my beautiful children in it. I realized some very simple things the other day. Simple things my children did, that hit me hard and made me realize, I'm living my dream.
I was pulling weeds in my front yard. Chloe had been helping me with her cute Pink and green garden gloves, just pulling the tops of weeds for me. She stopped after a while and just kept me company. She loves to just be where I am and tell me stories about pretend things that happened to her...mixed with some real stuff. Just an adorable girl. Paisy had been napping for a while, Daddy comes home early and finds her awake coming down the stairs. She was puffy eyed, messy-haired, and very smiley. She comes all the way out to the front yard, "Mommy!" When she gets close enough, she turns around and backs into me and sits down in my folded legs like a chair. I realized then, how sweet this was. To be enjoying my girls, not making much progress with weeds. I heard it said once, "Put more in the doing and less in the getting done". Living my dream.
Another night, I had all my kids pile on my bed for a few stories. Bedtime can be challenging at times, but this time was different. I tuned into how happy we all were to be together in my bed reading stories. Everyone wanting to sit close under a blanket and lots of giggling going on. Living my dream.
A few weeks ago, I witnessed another special moment. Paisy has been our first child to challenge us with bedtime. She likes to get out and talk really loud. On one night, the loudness had stopped and I was making a routine check (we do a few) to see if all was right and she was asleep. I walk in on my oldest, Boston, reading a book to her. He was perched on the nightstand next to her and had a small pile of books by him. He had been entertaining her with stories. Even now, the tears are flowing. Living my dream.
Today, I walked in the front room to find Miles reading a "Fancy Nancy" book to Chloe. He often reads her girly books for her. And he had been the sole reason Paisy stopped crying her eyes out after her short nap because she was enthralled with him. He set to building towers from blocks for her, animating each section and what he was doing as he was going along. Living my dream.
3 comments:
I see you got your comments to work! And a cute background too! You don't need my help! You've got this blogging thing down.
Loved this post. Your kids are so cute and cute to each other.
I am so glad that I know how to check out your blog now! Your family is darling and your kids are getting so big...we need to plan a trip up there to visit you guys, I would love to see where you live. Hope all is well.
Greta, why do you keep being my inspiration for LOVE and HAPPINESS. Perhaps I too need to do a little less of the getting done and more of the doing. I love you dearly, Inga
Post a Comment